Click on the logo above to visit the Surviving Economic Abuse website to watch the film which describes economic abuse.
The impact of economic abuse upon the victim can last for years; 6/10 survivors of domestic abuse have been coerced into debt by the partner who abused them.
Women might have been -
- Prevented from working or continuing in education
- Had their pay taken from them
- Stopped from claiming benefits
- Prevented from having a bank account
- Forced to take responsibility for all bills without adequate resources
- Made to account for every penny they spend
- Forced to ask for money for essentials
The link https://survivingeconomicabuse.org/ will take you to the Surviving Economic Abuse website to find out more and how to access help.