Change UR Life provides free, confidential, non-judgmental, and independent support to anyone who is living in Bedfordshire and experiencing any kind of domestic abuse. Our outreach workers support women and men who are still living at home with the alleged perpetrator(s), those that are still suffering the effects of historic abuse as well as those who are moving out of a refuge and those who are already living in a new community.
We aim to provide:
- An increase in safety
- A decrease in victimisation
- A decrease in repeat incidents
- The ability to better manage physical and mental health
- Safe accommodation for adults and children fleeing domestic abuse
- Emotional support and wellbeing
- Accompaniment for individuals attending court hearings, visits to the doctor job centre or any other appointment they may feel they need support with
- Help understanding and applying for benefits and other entitlements
This is by no means an exhaustive list of what we aim to provide look at our website for more information. We also offer a live chat service on our website.
Geographical area service covers
Bedfordshire & Luton
Who is the service for?
Women and men
Referral routes into service (professionals, self)
Risk level you support
Low to medium