Change Ur Life provides free, confidential, non-judgmental, and independent support to anyone who is living in Bedfordshire and experiencing any kind of domestic abuse. We strongly believe that everyone deserves to live a life filled with happiness, contentment, and security. Our team have personally worked in this field for several years, supporting a large number of victims and as a result, have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience.. We are supporting victims who are still living at home with the alleged perpetrator(s), those that are still suffering the effects of historic abuse as well as those who are moving out of a refuge and those who are already living in a new community.
The support which we are offering to our clients:
- We are providing practical and emotional support in relation to criminal and civil remedies, housing, health, education, employment, welfare benefits, counselling, legal aid, and children’s support.
- We are providing information, advice, guidance, and advocacy to our clients.
- We are working with survivors one to one, face to face, by telephone, or in a group setting to assess need and risk establishing and maintaining a support/safety plan.
- We are supporting our clients in looking for refuge or an alternative safe accommodation.
- Attending appointments with clients, such as court, DWP, housing benefit etc.
- Participate in multi-agency conferences in respect of children and adults at risk as required (MARAC, safeguarding adults or children boards), providing reports and undertaking actions, as necessary.
In addition to the Outreach Support provision across Bedfordshire we have been able to expand the services to include : Support to Male victims and victims from LGBTQ+ Community.
Domestic violence against men is happening however we know that it has been underreported. We should not accept violence against men and should accept that it happens to men too.
- Advocate for Men – Mikey Ronnie
Change Ur Life have a dedicated LGBTQ+ worker to support victims of Domestic Abuse in the community.
Domestic abuse in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community is a serious issue.
- Domestic Abuse LGBTQ+ Worker – Kate Howell
We have expanded our provision to include support via our Live Chat facility.
The live chat is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm on www.change-ur-life.org.
Geographical area service covers
Bedfordshire & Luton
Who is the service for?
We support everyone no matter what their gender, race or beliefs are, as we strongly believe that no individual should be subject to suffering in silence.
Referral routes into service (professionals, self)
Risk level you support
Low to medium