The NHS Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Integrated Care Board (BLMK ICB) became a statutory organisation on 1 July 20022, replacing the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group (BLMK CCG), which no longer exists.
The Integrated Care Board is responsible for planning the delivery of NHS services to achieve the aims of the strategy to improve the health of the population, including deciding how resources are allocated.
- Developing a plan for the delivery of NHS services
- Allocating resources
- Establishing joint working arrangements
- Establishing system governance
- Arranging health service provision
- Using data and digital to improve services
- Emergency preparedness, resilience and response
- Delegated functions from NHS England and NHS Improvement
- People priorities
- Data and digital
- Achieving social and economic development and sustainability goals
- Maximising value for money