What are Protection Orders?
A protection order is a Civil or Court order that can support someone who is being abused to feel and be safe, and to help prevent a perpetrator causing further harm. Different restrictions can be put in place based on the individuals circumstances and the order applied for.
What Protection Orders are available to help you?
Where to get legal advice?
You can apply for an injunction yourself, however it may be helpful to seek legal advice as they will be able to support you with the process. Citizens Advice will be able to provide you with a list of family solicitors in Bedfordshire.
The DA Alliance can help those seeking legal support for domestic abuse. They can be contacted on 0800 101 7110 and also offer the free to use WEPROTECT mobile app.
The National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) are a charity that provide a free, fast emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic violence. You can call them free on 0800 970 20 70 for advice or assistance on getting an injunction in place.
The police will also be able to support you to seek a protection order.
- Relationships Shouldn't Hurt podcast episode - Domestic Abuse Protection Orders or transcript
- Female Genital Mutilation Protection Order Factsheet
- Victim Support - Getting Legal Help
- Citizen Advice - Taking Action about Harassment
- Domestic Abuse Protection Notices/Orders Factsheet
- Stalking Protection Orders
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline - Legal Help