A range of apps are available for devices which can help to log evidence and offer protection to those experiencing domestic abuse. Organisations also offer advice and support on using the internet and devices as safely as possible (see here for more information on staying safe online).
All apps listed below should be available from your devices App Store.
- Hollie Guard: is a personal safety app developed by the Hollie Gazzard Trust. Allows users to gather evidence and send alerts to friends/family members, amongst other functions. Some features need to be paid for to access
- Bright Sky: is a support app developed by Hestia. It provides practical support and information on domestic abuse and how to respond to it
- Stay Alive: is a pocket suicide prevention resource for those experiencing suicidal thoughts or those concerned for someone else
- What3words: provides an exact location code for a 3 metre square area, which enables more accuracy in finding location
- WEPROTECT: is an app developed by Domestic Abuse Alliance. It allows referrals from services to appropriate legal support and intervention for those experiencing domestic abuse
- MyNARA: is a personal recovery guide app with some paid for features. This app refers to narcissists and narcissistic abuse rather than domestic abuse, however it allows users access to safety advice and allows storage of evidence
Please take care when downloading any of the above apps and only do so if you are sure your device is not being monitored and it is safe to do so.