The Bridge Project offers work with perpetrators of domestic abuse, who demonstate a willingness to change their harmful behaviours. The Bridge Project aims to reduce and prevent abuse and increase victim and survivors’ safety.
Geographical area service covers
Bedford Borough & Central Bedfordshire
Who is the service for?
Men & Women aged 16 and over who want to change their abusive behaviour
Referral routes into service (professionals, self)
Self referral or via a professional
Risk level you support
Other relevant information
A 27 week behaviour change programme that focuses on:-
- Placing safety of victims and children at the forefront of the work.
- Challenges attitudes and behaviour of perpetrators.
- Allows for acceptance of responsibility for harmful behaviours.
- Develops new skills to be able to communicate using non violent behaviours towards partner/s and child/ren.
Who can access……..
- Anyone 16 years and over.
- Males and Females from all religious and ethnic backgrounds in heterosexual or same sex relationships.
- Individuals living in Central Bedfordshire or Bedford area or who have children living in these areas.
How to access ………..
- Referrals to be completed by professionals.
- Self -referrals accepted where professionals
- not involved.